Sunday, February 22, 2009

Your Lifestyle And Health

By Kevin Harper

I used to read every article on health that came out, but lately I've given this up as a bad habit. Most people who know me would probably have said I was a health freak. I suppose when you were as fat as I was and then you lose the weight and become fit and healthy again, you over compensate and try to stay as healthy as possible.

I felt I had to read every article on health I could find so I wouldn't miss out on any new diet or exercise regime or healthy supplement I should have. But nowadays, when I read an article on health, it just fills me up with anxiety, After all, one article on health will say one thing, another day and another article says something else.

It is not unusual to find an article say on soy which claims how good it is for you to find another article that says to avoid it because it has a strange effect on male hormones and that it increases the chances of food allergens. It's not hard to understand, all I want to be able to do is find the best way to keep myself fit and healthy for as long as possible.

Every article on health that I read, however, has a different idea of what that would mean. Who can forget the uproar when the American public was told that three of their favorites, chocolate, coffee and alcohol were all bad for you. You see, I have always enjoyed dark chocolate, a glass of Guinness, coffee and the odd glass of red wine, all of which are supposedly bad for your health, but now the opposite is true as long as it's in moderation. It is just as stupid as saying that dairy ice cream and cake are good cholesterol reducing foods.

I suppose what all this has taught me is to take responsibility for my own health and lifestyle. Of course it won't stop me reading articles on health but in future I will decide how much of it I take notice of. I think I will still read articles on health because some of the information does make sense but in future I just want to be the judge. Living a healthier life and being happier is what is really important to me so with a bit of luck I should be able to achieve this mostly on my own with very little help form experts.

About the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment