Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mind Power For Building Muscle

By Nate Rifkin

When I was in school, I worked out a couple times per week with a friend. Once, another friend named Jason joined us. And I do emphasize ONCE.

"I can't workout unless I'm motivated," Jason said. "I need to listen to the music from Rocky."

We both laughed at him for a bit. But then I figured: So what?

If he needed to listen to Eye Of The Tiger or Hearts On Fire EVERY time he trained, then why not just listen to them every time?

If it works, go for it.

I work out a little after I wake up. Mostly I say others should do the same. But if you're more of a nightowl, make that work for you.

Some people can't eat before a workout - I prefer not to. But maybe a little food helps you.

I also can't stand a cold gym. Others love it. I like to wear heavier clothes when I workout, some prefer as little as possible.

The key point here is to stop thinking, I can only do such and such in a BAD way. Whatever conditions allow for you to succeed " make sure you follow them. If you need air conditioning, loud music, and heavy sweat pants to get a great workout at night, do that every time. If you prefer to sweat in lycra with dead silence in the morning air, stick to that.

And of course listen to some Gonna Fly Now too.

About the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment